Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mommy Your Toothpaste Looks Like Poo-Poo

Alternate post title would be how to make homemade clay toothpaste. I have had to buy alternative toothpaste for years now because fluoride breaks my face out in a rash. I finally got tired of spending $7 a tube and decided to figure out how to make myself.   I knew I did not want to use a recipe with baking soda because I was afraid it would be too harsh for daily use. My teeth tend to get sensitive very easily.

This recipe is based on bentonite clay, and I am very happy with how it turned out.  Several recipes online use a mixture of peppermint and tea tree oils, but I wanted to make more of a holiday flavor. 

Here is the recipe, it is very easy. Mix 2 tablespoons bentonite clay with about 2 tablespoons distilled or purified water and a pinch of real sea salt. You want to do this without using any metal bowls or instruments because the clay can pull metal out. Then mix in  liquid stevia to taste, I did 7 drops, and your essential oils. I did one drop of cinnamon, one drop of clothes, and 7 drops of orange.  Store in a glass container, I used an empty baby food jar.

No comments: