Monday, October 27, 2014

Broccoli Mash

I have been spending a lot of time online looking up AIP friendly recipes, and I admit this one didn't sound that fantastic. But I do really like broccoli so I thought I'd give it a try. It's great, very good surprise! Oh and make sure you rinse your parsley well because my first batch was gritty and had to be thrown out.

Detox Lemon-Broccoli Mash
Serves 4 as a side | Ready in 15 minutes

1 lb organic frozen broccoli
1 tsp lemon zest
1 1/2 T lemon juice
2 T coconut oil
1 T lard (I used bacon grease)
¼ cup packed fresh parsley, leaves only
2 tsp dried basil (or 1/4 cup fresh basil)
½ tsp sea salt

  1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket set over a pot of boiling water. Cover and let steam for 10 minutes until fork tender. Place broccoli in high-powered blender or food processor along with ½ cup of the water used to steam the broccoli. Blend for 30 seconds.
  2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until the texture of mash is slightly whipped, about 30-60 more seconds.
  3. Serve with plantain crackers or with protein of choice. 




No comments: